Offer the Corner of your Field
“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field…you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger. I am the Lord your God.” Lev. 19:9-10
CELEBRATING 27 YEARS OF FAITHFUL SERVICE IN WHATCOM COUNTY
Whatcom County (Washington) Love In the Name of Christ (Love INC) has focused on helping those in need through churches, church volunteers and referrals to agencies since 1989. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit entity, supported and governed by 36 local churches of different denominations and an affiliate of a national organization that began in 1977.
“He regards the prayer of the destitute and does not despise their prayer.” Psalm 102:17
- We are so grateful for God's leadership provision during this past year and the season of transition. Praise God for the impact of Lauree Fletcher Morris, previous Executive Director who served well for about 7 months. Praise God for guiding Shannon Williamson to us who is now serving as the new Executive Director as of March 2016.
- Praising God for a fruitful fall 2015 fundraiser and the funds for a new truck to be used in His service of helping those in need. Though these praises are from last winter, I still wish to declare His faithfulness.
- We remember Ginger Hansey with grateful and tender hearts, praising God for her life and legacy we were so enriched by.
- Praise God for the Staff and Volunteers who serve so faithfully through Love Inc clearinghouse and gap ministries.
- Praise God for Lynette Kenoyer, faithful volunteer for 9 years with Love Inc! She has served as the primary coordinator of Furnished with Love for 7 years. We are blessing her with a sabbatical to rest this summer!
- We pray for the grace, wisdom, compassion and insight for Clearinghouse phone volunteers as the speak with our "neighbors in need" who call in to our office.
- These are all the stories and situations of people in our city who called into our office this past week. They serve as perfect examples of the needs people face each week. We are praying and trusting God for:
- Safe travels for a homeless gentleman going back to Alaska to be with family, leaving on 6/10.
- A man, new to the area, that has a job interview.
- A newly widowed woman who is struggling to pay her bills and keep her household on track.
- A young woman struggling to keep Section 8 housing deposit. Continued prayers for the serious housing needs in our County.
- Prayer for our annual fall fundraiser auction, scheduled for October 21, 2016 at Bellingham Covenant Church. May it be fruitful and bring glory to God. Prayer for the planning and procurement stage.
- Prayer for the 35 church partners of the Love Inc network. We pray for an increase of awareness of the vision and ministry of Love Inc and increase of inspiration to get involved and to let us help them serve others.
- Prayer for the key need of internal development at Love Inc office, obtaining database software, improving and updating our organizational systems.
“He is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.” Hebrews 7:25
On Friday evening, October 21st, 2016, we will be having our 6th annual Fundraiser Auction to benefit Whatcom Love INC hosted at Bellingham Covenant Church. Please mark your calendars and join us in prayer for God's blessing on this event. If you're interested in being a table host, a sponsor at this event or offering an auction item, please contact our office. Thank you!
You are invited to a Ladies Afternoon Tea Presented by Love In the Name of Christ. The event is held on Saturday, April 30, from 2-4 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Bellingham. Drawing from John 17:23, the theme of this year’s program is “Perfectly One of Heart and Mind.” Please join us for the afternoon! Besides tea and coffee, there will be music, raffle door prizes, and delightful sweets and speaker. Come be inspired as you hear How God is Moving in Whatcom County by Dr. Jason Hubbard. This popular annual event has limited seating!
Cost at the door is $20 is given for the support of Love INC ministries.
You may also register by calling our office at 671-6201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.