- Redemptive Compassion Training Seminar
- Saturday, February 23rd 2019, from 9AM to 4PM
- Cost $20 *Includes Lunch
- Hosted at Sunrise Baptist Church (Fellowship Hall)
- Speaker: Shannon Williamson, Executive Director of Love INC
- To Register please email email@example.com
What to expect: training on how the Church is called to holistically help people in need. This training will use Redemptive Compassion Training content in an interactive seminar style class. You will learn core principles and concepts necessary for holistic transformation; grapple with real case studies in a round-table setting with guided discussions. Redemptive Compassion Training escorts you on a journey into the humility and wisdom of loving others well.
Redemptive Compassion® study guide book offers a biblical perspective on how the Church is called to holistically help people in need. This training content was developed from fifteen years of working daily with people who are struggling with needs; it includes real case studies and applies effective principles for helping. The book is authored by Lois Tupyi and is accompanied by free online training video clips of Lois speaking into these issues.
If you find the following questions unsettling, Redemptive Compassion is for you. Why do so many of the commonly-used methods seem so ineffective in reducing ongoing need and bringing transformation? Many people are trapped in a crippling lifestyle of poverty and crisis and dependency; what causes this and why are our responses not working? How do we help the right way?
Redemptive Compassion employs 6 core principles:
- Everyone has value
- We are called to invest relationally in each other
- Everyone has capacity and potential
- Mutual participation is important
- We must use wisdom and discernment
- Serve in ways that transform