The Love INC’s Clearinghouse staff and specially trained volunteers receive requests for help by telephone. A thorough intake is conducted and requests are reviewed as to their nature, extent of need and legitimacy. The request is then referred to an appropriate resource, i.e. church ministry, church volunteer or community agency. Love INC follows up to ensure the needs were met and to offer spiritual support. For requests for help please call our client line (360-671-6201) Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Receive request for help. Requests for help are received in the Love INC Clearinghouse either directly from a person in need or when a person is referred to Love INC by a local agency or church.
- Assess the need. Trained Love INC volunteers or staff screens the request to determine legitimacy and extent of the need, and to discover any deeper issues fueling the crisis. Love INC determines what help the client has already received from agencies or churches, and ensures the need is manageable and specific.
- Refer Love INC connects the need to the most appropriate church ministry, church volunteer, and/or local agency and the need is met.
- Follow-up Love INC reviews the outcome. Was the need met? Is there a core issue that requires longer-term attention? It also provides an opportunity for the recipient to become connected to a local church if he or she desires.
When someone calls the Clearinghouse, they may expect the following services:
- Referrals to resources in the community, i.e. housing, shelter, energy, available DSHS funds, or to a church volunteer.
- Brainstorming with clients to encourage them to meet their own needs
- Listening ear